New Student Checklist
New students participating in Ready Set Debate clubs and camps (and their parents/guardians) should use this checklist to make sure they are prepared for their activity.
- Review the student/member packet for your activity (emailed separately). Bookmark this packet so you can easily find it later.
- Join the email loop or Google Classroom for your activity. Join codes are in your student packet. If your activity uses Google Classroom, make sure your notifications are set to notify you when someone posts to the group.
- Add the date(s) of your activity to your calendar, and set reminders. Dates are in your student packet and on the season calendar. Make sure to account for time zone differences, if relevant.
- Review our season calendar. Add the dates of any tournaments you want to attend to your calendar, and register if you are ready. Make sure to note tournament registration deadlines, if you are not yet ready to register.
- Review our core documentation (including the Student Expectations & Code of Conduct, format overview and rules, and judge orientation packet).
- Download a copy of the editable debate ballot. If you are attending an in-person activity, print at least 10 copies of the ballot and bring them with you. (Double-sided printing is okay.)
- Whitelist emails from the @readysetdebate.com domain. This is how you can make sure you’re receiving relevant emails such as assignment and schedule updates. See this page to find out how to whitelist senders in most common email systems.
- Skim your member handbook, once you have received it. Sign and date the H.E.R.O. Code of Conduct in your handbook.
- Optionally, view some debate videos on our videos page. This will help familiarize you with the style and format of our debating.
If you have any questions, please contact us.